Wednesday, December 29, 2010

MONSTER COOKIES!


My Mom makes these monster cookies every Christmas. It is a recipe that my Grandma used to make. I knew that a "batch" made a ton of cookies... but making these for the first time was CRAZY! The one batch made over 200 cookies, and since I didn't have a bowl large enough to mix all that dough in, I had to use a roasting pan!!!

12 eggs
2 lbs. brown sugar
4 cups white sugar
3 tsp. vanilla
1 Tbsp. white corn syrup
8 tsp. baking soda
1 lb real butter, melted
3 lbs. peanut butter
18 cups Old Fashioned oats
1 lb. semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 lb. M&M's (I use the holiday colored ones)

Mix ALL ingredients in the above order. I suggest letting the dough sit about 20-30 minutes before beginning to scooping and rolling into 1 inch balls. Letting the dough rest prior to baking helps the oats absorb the butter and corn syrup. I then add a little flour (about 1/4 cup) to make the dough not quite so sticky.

Place the rolled balls of dough on baking sheets and press down gently to flatten slightly.

Bake at 350° for 11-12 minutes. Do not over bake... they will look undercooked when you take them out, but will set up once cooled.

No comments:

Post a Comment